About the Role
To help lead the change in the way our homes are constructed by assisting the Operations team with the daily running of the onsite assembly of our high performing housing systems. This will be achieved through the day to day effective leadership & mentoring of a multi-skilled assembly team and some sub contract staff.
The role is key to creating stability in the 4 M’s, manpower, machinery / tools, materials, and methods of the onsite assembly process and then to drive continuous improvement by using manufacturing methodologies to the assembly of our houses, whilst maintaining KPI targets, and high standards of safety and quality and team development.
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
- Manpower, create and maintain a highly motivated, multi skilled and well trained team.
- Materials, continuously communicating with the procurement & commercial teams to ensure materials are at the point of use when required and at the right quantity.
- Methods, assist creating standard methods of work such as Standard Operating Procedures & Job breakdown sheets.
- Machinery/ tools, ensure that machinery & tooling is maintained and available at the point of use when needed and is capable of meeting capacity requirements.
- Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Ensure that team members follow defined procedures in the correct sequence and comply with quality requirements.
- Ensure full adherence to workplace organisation practices always (5S).
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly.
- Make certain all quality records are completed appropriately at each process.
- Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed.
- Monitor change overs & set up efficiency.
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated.
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks.
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets.
More about you
- Driven - Driven to deliver an outstanding team environment. Motivated by responsibility, an energetic self-starter who is results orientated and deadline driven.
- Inspirational Leader – Capable of providing clear direction for the team and motivated to constantly drive safety, quality, production targets and efficiencies to a high standard. Promotes autonomy within the team and has a flexible approach.
- Effective communicator - Able to engage effectively at all levels, with a flexible communication style which can be adapted to suit all styles, especially effective in using a mentoring approach to team growth.
- Problem-solver - Use creativity, innovation and an analytical approach to exhaust all options until a satisfactory solution is found.
- Decisive - Confident in making difficult decisions, balancing the analysis of data with personal judgement and considering the wider business ramifications
Required Experience and Qualifications
- You are likely to have significant production management skills gained in a substantial operation.
- Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation whilst holding IOSH certification.
- Knowledge of Quality standard ISO9001, CE etc.
- Experience assisting and developing a multi-skilled team.
- Strong PC skills, experience with planning tools such as ERP/MRP systems would be advantageous.
- A Leadership qualification would be advantageous.
Skills and Attributes
- Exercise considerable initiative in work methods by interpreting and delegating work requirements and goals.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead by example, gain respect from the team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time.
- Ability to plan, analyse and challenge.
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with different stakeholders.
- Good understanding of people & team related development.
- Good understanding of deliverables and the impact of failure and cost of poor quality
Hours and environment
- We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved.
- We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Competitive salary commensurate with individual’s experience.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: