About the role
To build amazing places that tackle climate change, on time, on budget and to rigorous quality standards is one incredible challenge.
That’s where you come in. By spotting inefficiencies, streamlining processes and aligning all activities, you’ll be helping build the cities of the future.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you’ll lead and shape your team to ensure maximum performance and the delivery of all project milestones. By implementing lean based processes you’ll ensure all projects are delivered with high levels of collaboration, communication and trust.
We’re no ordinary company, and you’ll be no ordinary project manager. We need an A player who thrives under pressure and relishes a challenge. You’ll be delivering projects on time and in full, while ensuring full legislative compliance with all health and safety standards.
We’re changing the way cities are built, so we need someone whose able to challenge the norm, has a desire to do things differently and is driven to always strive to improve.
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1,000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, where we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
Key skills that your role requires:
- 10 years’ experience in senior professional project management roles.
- Experience of delivering a construction, technical or engineering based product.
- Strong EH&S awareness and ability to lead to impeccable standards.
- Exceptional project management skills in an applicable industry/technology.
- Advanced experience of QMS and ‘no fault forward’ delivery.
- Able to train, coach and develop high performing team members
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft office & project suite
- A structured mindset to implement and maintain best practice systems and processes
- 2:2 Degree or equivalent qualification in a project management or construction field.
You’ve got a passion for sustainable design, and a desire to change the way the industry builds to create incredible places that don’t harm the planet.
You’re a team player, who’s trustworthy and fair with a strong sense of personal integrity. You’re able to ask the right questions, and willing to make tough choices when the need arises.
You’ll be quick to identify mistakes, and just as quick to rectify them. This is thanks to your positive can-do attitude, which means you always provide solutions to problems that arise.
If you’re a Senior Project Manager who excels in delivering construction or engineering-based products, who is approachable, collaborative and modest, then this role is for you.
Hours and Environment
- We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked if results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ hours at 9-5.30, but these vary from individual to individual.
- We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Competitive salary with benefits.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org