About the Role
The Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will work very closely with all relevant departments, particularly with the manufacturing, assembly and operational sides of the business. Ensuring all HSEQ policies and procedures are developed, rolled out and maintained. This will be a very high demanding position and will suit a person who has a passion to make a difference in fast growing company.
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
- To provide general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work
- Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Leading and implementing in-house training with Managers
- Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control
- Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance
- Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
- Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date
- Maintain quality management systems in compliance with BOPAS
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics
- Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required
- Representing and promoting the organisation's safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive)
- Complete weekly/monthly management reports for submission to the Operations Director
More about you
- Able to work as a member of a team, but also capable of working alone to tight deadlines as appropriate
- Set own high-quality standards
- Passion to make a difference
- Demonstrate a passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- High standard of written English and good communication skills, including professional telephone manner and strong presentation and report writing skill
- Ability to liaise with staff and operatives of all levels
- Must be a lean thinker with a passion for continuous improvement
- Must have previous experience in a similar HSEQ role
- Minimum Level 5 in Managing Health and Safety or the equivalent
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Recognised qualification in Environmental Management
- Practical knowledge of Quality improvements and techniques
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Standards such ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001
- Experience implementing new training procedures
- Worked in a process driven manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental processes and legislation
- Relevant Quality related qualifications i.e. Lead Auditor
- Experience creating and implementing RAMS
- Previous experience with implementing new procedures
- Experience in the manufacturing and construction industry
Hours and environment
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: