About the Role
The role of Lettings Manager is an important and strategic one to help us provide an efficient tenant and Landlord relationship. You will be managing the lettings portfolio for Citu as well as circa 100 properties in Greenhouse, Leeds on behalf of Landlords. The role would report into the Head of Sales, Lettings & Property Management.
Greenhouse in Leeds is one of the first buildings in the UK to be truly sustainable. We offer a full lettings and property management service and achieve higher rents and lower voids than other agents within the building.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, highly motivated and inspired about delivering an excellent customer journey.
The role must be passionate in delivering first class customer service whilst displaying a genuine focus on creating meaningful relationships with our tenants and landlords.
We are a young company whose purpose is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon cities by creating exemplar, innovative developments that create a ripple effect. Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating in how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the regions city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We have developed our own housing system, established a factory to construct our buildings in, operate a technology and energy business to allow connected controls and community energy systems, operate our own construction teams, carry out sales and lettings directly and have technical and design functions as part of our team.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, courageous, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that only the very best join the team and that we recognise and nurture all of our team with coaching and personal development.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, courage and honesty & fairness. It is
important that your values resonate with these as they’re the values that we live by each day.
We have adopted a sports team mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
We are in the process of designing and constructing a new office and experience centre on the side of our factory at Leeds Dock. This is due for completion in 2017 and will form the basis for our offices, event space, exhibition space and innovation space to help advance all areas of the business.
- Responsible for the management of lettings of all Greenhouse properties.
- Maximising revenue on all aspects of lettings.
- Managing tenants and landlords queries.
- Ensuring properties are well presented.
- Updating the website, property portals and marketing literature.
- Carrying out viewings, check ins, inventories, pre-checkout inspections and check outs.
- Property management of the apartments and resolving any maintenance issues.
- Tenancy renewals.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally inquisitive and progressive individual who is proven in their field, ambitious and passionate about property and who is keen to make a difference in the work that they do.
A self-starter, you’ll be energetic positive and have a strong strategic view and methodology for successfully challenging the status quo.
You’ll be active, flexible and adaptable as part of a small team, with excellent communication and presentation skills and a thorough understanding of business.
You’ll have an exemplary track record of successful delivery and progress in your field and will have developed a curiosity and knowledge about better ways of delivery.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- You will need to be ARLA qualified and must have a minimum two-year history of working in residential lettings.
- You are happy to work on your own and manage all aspects of the lettings arm of the business.
- You have a good understanding of all legal requirements relating to residential lettings.
- Experience of working in a customer orientated job role with a focus on delivering effective relationship management.
- Decisive and resilient, whilst able to thrive under pressure.
- A lateral and innovative thinker, problem solver.
- Highly organised and effective time management skills.
Hours and environment
- We operate a flexible working policy where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives. This role will need to be flexible with early evening viewings and Saturday working. Days off would be Sunday and Monday.
- We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: