About the Role
The primary role of the Lead Timber Frame Erector is to lead all onsite operations, including lift planning, timber frame erection and site carpentry activities.
This is a hands-on role within a small but highly efficient team, primarily assembling the Citu House advanced timber frame system but will also involve site carpentry and factory base activities manufacturing the timber systems to install.
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
- Take the lead in support of the daily objectives.
- Schedule adherence, and continuous improvement, quality circle, start up and close operations.
- Identify issues and feedback to the design team & Production Manager and help resolve them where unable to provide solution without support.
- Liaise with material support to ensure all relevant materials available and presented to quality standards when required.
- Complete and ensure all process documentation where applicable (milestone signoff, product travellers, quality records, near miss reporting forms and improvement suggestions.
- To champion the level of quality required to ensure the advanced system performs as designed – Ensure high level of quality passed to next customer.
- Be actively involved in Quality improvement activities both onsite and in the factory.
- Mentor and train new team members to help compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for all inspection / quality of items you produce.
- Support the Site Manager with Risk Assessments and identification of H&S related issues.
- Lead Health and Safety CI activities to achieve zero LTA goal.
- Ensure all H&S reporting is maintained to objective standard.
- Full compliance with all PPE and H&S instruction/training.
- Assisting with the implementation of lean methodologies to a construction site environment.
- Understanding and improving assembly capacity.
- Embrace and lead 5S audits and corrective action plans. Set the standards and ensure they are sustained within the site operations and within the factory.
- Identify non value add activities and create suggestions to remove.
- Manage scrap & recyclable material whilst leading waste elimination within team.
More about you
We are looking for a naturally disciplined individual who is proven in their field and who has a willing to continuously improve.
You will be a natural perfectionist who is careful, and have a passion for getting things right whilst being humble and unassuming.
You’ll be positive, precise with an eye for details, and able to work as part of a small team, and possess excellent communications skills.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Experienced Timber Frame Erector with 2 years’ experience.
- Site carpentry experience.
- Setting out from drawings.
- Factory operations experience.
- Good understanding of quality standards.
- IOSH or equivalent qualification would be beneficial.
- Lift supervisor and slinger qualified would be advantageous.
- CSCS qualified.
Hours and environment
- We operate a flexible working policy for this role where it is expected that the individual meets or exceeds their objectives, but we aren’t prescriptive about times or days worked as long as the results are being achieved. The ‘usual’ working hours are 9-5:30pm but these vary from individual to individual.
- We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds.
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
Permanent. Full Time
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Please email your CV and covering letter to: