About the Role
The company is looking for a progressive and experienced Construction Projects Manager who is comfortable in all aspects of construction from assisting in pre-construction, to breaking ground on day 1 to handing over a set of keys to the customer upon completion. The candidate must have the ambition and determination to stay the distance and be open to embracing new ways of delivering projects.
The Construction Projects Manager will be an ambassador for Citu through resource management, project planning, project completion and continuous improvement, client satisfaction, and they will support the financial outcome of assigned construction projects.
You will proactively review designs for buildability in line with the programme and regular feedback to the Head of Construction in respect of Safety, Quality, Commercial, Programme and Citu’s housing system will be required.
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation and we’re committed to playing a leading role by innovating how we design and create our cities.
We started this journey 10 years ago and in this time have picked up over 40 awards for design, sustainability, innovation and enterprise.
The next chapter in our business will see us deliver over 1000 new homes, offices, restaurants and amenities in the region’s city centres, which we aim to create some of the most exciting and innovative developments that we can.
We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
- To operate an outcome and result focused approach to all responsibilities
- Project library and archive management
- Utilities tracking
- Focused, continuous improvement on the product
- Process improvement ideas through to implementation if applicable
- Support a team of professionals and sub-contractors
- Assist with financial analysis / appraisal / cash-flow of projects
- Implement cost reduction activities within your area of work
- Have commercial understanding of the legal process
- Good understanding of the 'due diligence' process
- Be a key part of cross functional team working
- Implement and continuously improve project controls and processes
- Work on project planning at all stages
- Ensure that post occupancy measures on all developments are installed and implemented
- Think quickly when problems arise, plan and realign your resource to achieve the optimum results possible
- Contribute up to date information in to weekly Management Team meetings
- Provide relevant information to assist with the production of the Monthly project reporting
- Be comfortable making decisions around energy and sustainability
- Build relationships with external, consultants, suppliers and authorities and form strong partnerships. More about you
We are looking for a Projects Manager with a passion for making a difference through the implementation of innovative and exemplar developments.
You will be comfortable in dealing with a changing environment and be able to work under reasonable levels of pressure.
Willingness to work hands-on in a team environment is essential, and you may be required to work flexible schedules and commit the time required to get the job done.
You’ll be active, flexible and adaptable as part of a small team, with excellent communication skills.
You will likely be passionate about making a difference in the world and will be highly motivated to overcome numerous obstacles associated with innovation.
You’re humble and tactful in professional relationships, taking people with you and finding solutions to problems.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- You are likely to be qualified to degree level in a construction or engineering discipline or you will have substantial experience showing responsibility and drive.
- You will have detailed knowledge of off-site construction techniques.
- Understanding of design and construction techniques or a similar property-focused environment.
- You will have experience in applying lean thinking to construction projects.
- SMSTS trained.
- You will have led in the management of complex construction projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of CDM Regulations & other statutory regulations.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of producing risk assessments and method statements.
- Temporary Works management trained/ experience beneficial.
- First Aid trained.
- Proven success leading a team at management level, likely in a construction company or housebuilder firm.
- Knowledge of sustainability and designing /constructing low energy buildings would be beneficial.
Hours and environment
We are designing and constructing new offices near Leeds Dock which we aim to complete by the end of the year. In the meantime, we are based in open-plan offices at our Greenhouse development in Leeds. Equal Opportunities
Citu is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds and age groups.
This post is available immediately.
Generous salary negotiable for the right candidate.
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Recruiters Please